Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Words Do Make a Difference

Reading Ted Novelli's latest campaign mailer I could not help but notice that he took the liberty of borrowing my campaign slogan of "Stand Up for Local Businesses and Services," and turned it into "Standing up to Taxes and Fighting for Us."
His further use of my campaign colors and style print well, but by changing "Stand" to "Standing," Ted makes the election to be about him, and his use of the word "Us" implies everyone in the County not just the voters of our District.
It seems odd that Ted's only endorsement on this mailer is from Paul Mollinelli, Jr of Aces Waste Services, pictured below, someone who does not live or vote in our District. This only supports my criticism of Ted remaining preoccupied with special county interests, and why we should not let Jackson influence our local elections.

My campaign is about representing you, the voters of District 3.

Mike Spence




1 comment:

  1. I was wondering....why do you always seem to talk about what is wrong with the other candidates instead of what is right about you. Don't you feel that running a smear campaign is beneath you? I do not want to know what you feel is wrong with the other candidates....I want to know what you feel is right with you. In fact...your constant smearing of your opponents is why I would choose to not vote for you. I have spoken to many people about this and not one of them has said that they would vote for you....instead they mention your smear techniques and that it has turned them against you in general. I really do think that the voting public at large is just sick and tired of smear campaigns. Tell us what is right about you....not what is wrong with the other candidates.

    ReplyDelete